How to build a Mesh Network with MERCUSYS Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi router?
Connect the Main Router
Follow the steps below to connect your router. Connect the hardware according to the following diagram. If you have multiple mesh routers, choose one to be the main router first.
If your internet connection is through an Ethernet cable from the wall instead of through a DSL/Cable/Satellite modem, connect the cable directly to either Ethernet port on your router, and follow Step 3 only to complete the hardware connection.
1. Turn off the modem, and remove the backup battery if it has one.
2. Connect the modem to either Ethernet port on the router.
3. Power on the router, and wait for it to start.
4. Turn on the modem.
Setup the Main Router
1. Connect to the main router wirelessly using the default SSID (network name) printed on the main router’s label.
NOTE: Make sure you are accessing the web management through wireless connection or login window would not appear.
2. Open a web browser and enter the default domain name http://mwlogin.net in the address field to access the web management page.
3. A login window will appear. Create a login password when prompted.
Tips: For subsequent login, use the password you set.
4. Select your Internet connection type and enter the corresponding parameters (if needed) with the information provided by your ISP and click Next.
Note: Connection Type and corresponding parameters are decided by your ISP, if you are not sure about it, please contact your ISP.
5. Customize the SSID (network name) and password or leave them as default. It is recommended that you set a strong password using a combination of letters, numbers and symbols. Then click Next.
Add other units to form a mesh system
You can add additional Halo devices to form a mesh system for wholehome coverage and unified device management. Follow the web instructions to pair new device and add into mesh network.
Click Save button to apply your settings.
Get to know more details of each function and configuration please go to Support Center to download the manual of your product.